Long lasting antimicrobial products
The Remanence which lasts 1 year what is it?
Remanence is the future of disinfection. Do you know this data closely linked to the treatment of viruses and bacteria on your surface? It is important and yet, I am not sure that your cleaning company told you about it!
The long lasting effect, we don’t care much, since once you know the procedure to follow to treat with disinfectant, everything generally goes well.
However, there comes a time when you will have to take an interest in it:
- be forced, since a problem such as Covid-19, gastroenteritis, flu come up with your usual disinfection treatment,
- or because you are wondering about the duration of effectiveness of the treatment you are implementing with excessive costs and expensive labor.
I therefore offer you a brief overview to understand this phenomenon.
1/ Definition of remanence
What is hidden behind this barbaric term?
The remanence is the duration during which your treatment will be active without you having to renew it.
It therefore depends on the effectiveness of your treatment over time, just that!
Thus, depending on the type of treatment you use, the persistence of it will be more or less long. Some, such as ultraviolet treatment, have no persistence, while others, such as copper sulphate, have a very long persistence. Photoactive is effective for 1 year! And even against Covid-19!
By using a non-residual product, it will be necessary to treat continuously in order to be able to maintain the desired effectiveness. As spending time paying for products and personnel on disinfection is not really the dream of any entrepreneur, alternative solutions had to be found.
2/ Long or short lasting effect ?
The consequences of choosing one or the other are well defined:
- Treatment with no persistence or with low persistence will require continuous or near-continuous intervention.
- A highly residual treatment may be content with actions very spaced out in time.
Why do we bother?
We will therefore use highly residual treatments.
3/ Long lasting treatment with PhotoACTIVE
By using high-remanence treatments, you can minimize the time spent on maintaining the premises. You will have less work and save on cleaning products.
4/ A short ranking
Here is a non-exhaustive classification of some treatments used for the maintenance of offices according to their persistence.
- Weakly remanent, even zero: Active oxygen such as OGRE unique ecological disinfectant!
Ultraviolet (zero afterglow)
- Remanence of 3 to 5 days: Probiotic cleansers
- Long persistence, up to several years : PhotoACTIVE